Monday 18 July 2011

Date with Harry

When i heard people cried at the last installment of the harry potter movies, i thought,'what a bunch of mo's'. And...then i cried....Ten years to watch 7 movies, its like a 10 year relationship coming to an end. There is a mourning period that you need. When i read the last book of harry potter it was the same. I didnt know what to do with myself. I kept re reading thinking that maybe ill get something new from it and i did. Every book teaches you a lot. Harry Potter taught me about choices, friendship and it also introduced me to my desire to write. Harry Potter also holds a special place in my heart as it was the last book my father gave me befire he passed away. It's bitter sweet, the movie or the book. Happy that Harry is alive and has a family and unhappy that JK Rowling does not wish to write anymore.
Harry Potter got me back to reading books and i have not stopped ever since 1999. I know the first book came out in 1997 however my dad recommended it and bought me a copy insisting i read it.
I remember he and i talking late one night about magic, harry and friends. I dont remember that many conversations with him that went that well and post that converastion there werent any.
JK Rowlings gift to the world was Harry , but my dad's gift to me was a place i could lose myself when times were lonely and during the late 90's and early  2000's i face quite of few of those days.
So here i say goodbye to Harry , hope one day i read in the papers that there is an 8th book. I, however will always have my memories of reading all 7.

No comments:

Post a Comment