Tuesday 18 October 2011

Big Love of Oprah


Anyone who knows me even a little bit, knows that I live by the words of our lord "Oprah". LOL! Ok, maybe thats a bit much, however, I love her. I coud'nt believe that I had been blogging since June and had not thought about a post on my Idol Oprah Winfrey. Better late eh?

When it was suggested to me to review an episode of the Oprah Winfrey Show I jumped with joy and screamed Hallehua! An episode with Oprah, babies, cash cab, Interesting (read dirty) jobs and Food...my favorite things well except for the dirty jobs bit. Wowie!

This wonderfully upbeat show kicks of with a very average family of three members, until the high school sweethearts and now husband and wife decide to use the same fertility treatment they got their first child with, and they find themselves pregnant with 5 children..YES 5! Phew! This part of the show talks about their reality show on TLC called Quints by Surprise and also how the community, their church has helped them ever since the babies were born. This part had me all choked up. The babies now 2 yrs old are adorable, even their elder daughter is a sweetheart.

http://tlc.howstuffworks.com/tv/quints-by-surprise

Joneses Family Photo Album








The next segment take a hundred and eighty degree turn. Here you get to meet Mike Rowe from shows like Deadliest Catch and Ghost Lab on Discovery. He is also the creator and host of an Emmy nnominated show called Dirty Jobs. He finds the dirtiest jobs and the heroes who do them and spends a day in their shoes. If you have seen the show he has done some brift stints in garbage disposal, turkey insemination etc. He also commorates the amazing people who do these jobs and do it quitely to receive rare appeciation. You can also see that on the show, however i won't reveal everything.
http://dsc.discovery.com/tv/dirty-jobs/



The next part of the show is fun, not only cuz its a quiz show , however one of my favorites with an amazing host named Ben Bailey. He is the host of the Discovery show Cash Cab. He takes paasengers in his Cab and starts a very elaborate game show right there in his cab. In this particular episode passengers are asked Oprah related questions (I would ace that quiz) and if you win, you are given tickets to the Oprah Winfrey Show. (OMG! I wish it were me) The quiz continues on the Oprah show as well.... I'm not gonna reveal the winners, you will have to catch the show to find that out.



Now we come to the last segment and my very favorite one. Why is my favorite? Cuz its about two sisters as business partners doing what they love...Georgetown Cupcake owners Katherine Kallinis and Sophie Kallinis LaMontagne,also  the stars of TLC's DC Cupcakes, show Oprah how to make their festive Strawberry Champagne Sparkler Cupcakes. I hope one day my sister (http://laila-rebelwithoutacause.blogspot.com/) and I become business partners, we just gotta figure out what?

I will try this recipe as it is amazing! How can you go wrong with strawberry and rose champagne? In this particular segment, I saw a jovial , funny side of Oprah which i loved. I guess Strawberry, Champagne and dessert makes even the most powerful woman excatly like a school girl.
If you want the check out the recipe go to www.oprah.com
To check out these lovely ladies visit www.georgetowncupcake.com






If you like what you hear...and i dont see how you won't.. catch this episode of the Oprah Show tomorrow 20th October 2011  on Big CBS Love at 9pm.


5 comments:

  1. Beautifully written! Love the usage of pictures. And the Strawberry Champagne Sparkler Cupcakes look very tempting! Good stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review, Oprah is a true diva in every sense of the word! Strawberry Champagne Sparkler Cupcakes??!! Can you plz try making that and blob about it sometime soooooooooooooon???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Ian Yes hun i'll make it and blog about it real soon

      Delete
  3. @Ian Yes hun i'll make it and blog about it real soon

    ReplyDelete