Thursday 20 October 2011

DOVE- for the LOVE of Beautiful HAIR


In the past few months I have tried a a load of hair care products, from moisture kicks, to protein conditioning , deep conditioning to home made regimens. WHY you ask? In June this year I was faced with an inescapable truth, my health was detoriating and to such an extent that my condition gave my usually very calm Dr those ugly frown lines. Now without giving you the ugly details (that's for another post), one of the side effects of my multiple ailments is hairfall. So I started taking the prescribed medicines, and they are ALOT.

Now the catch 22 was the side effects to the medications is HAIRFALL! And also the texture was frizzy and unearthly. Now to add to my load of voes, I have been color treating my hair since I was 16 years old and changed or updated the color every 4-6 months. Yes! THAT much damage and thats not all. At the begining of this year I decided that 2011 will be the year I grow my hair longgggg. For those of you have hair thats longer than shoulder length, know the amount of upkeep unvolved.

The Red Hair Phase
So here I was on my knees praying to the God of Healthy folicles and the doorbell rang. Now, who could this be at 7:45am? I opened the door to a very apologetic courier man who handed me a brown package. Me being me, ripped open the package ferociously (now who doesnt like receiving mail). And saw this beautiful gold trimmed plastic pouch containing the magic potion to revive all damaged hair. My Dove Nourishing Oil Care Range with Vita Oils had arrived.



I ideally wanted to review it after 30 uses, however, I've had a few lovely readers curious about the effects and asking me whether they should buy it as well. Now I don't want to tell anyone what to do, however let me tell you what Dove has done for me and what I do over and above my Dove Nourishing Oil Care Regimen.

My Simple but amazing hair regimen.

So before washing my hair since they get entangled easily, I comb it outwith my fingers
then i wet it well and apply the Dove Nourishing Oil Care Shampoo. I take about a 50 paise size worth of shampoo and apply it from the roots to the ends of my hair. And i slowly and very gently start working it through. I wash off the shampoo with luke warm water and repeat the entire shampooing process once more. Now I do that because I have hair that can only be compared to Saddam Husain's Oil wells... It is very very oily and hence i always repeat shampooing. The instructions on the shampoo bottle also recommends using the shampoo atleast twice, however you would want to alter that depending on whether you hair is dry or oily.

After the 2nd application of the shampoo, I use the Conditioner of the Nourishing Oil Care range. I use about 50 paise size of this softy (ice cream) looking conditioner and work it from the ends of my hair to mid length. I assess mid length to my nape of my neck. And whatever is left I apply it to the top of my head very very lightly. Now the instructions recommend leaving it on for 1 to 3 mins. Since I have oily hair I leave it for 1 min and wash it off again with luke warm water.

Right at the end of my shower I do stand under cool water, dont know if it will help you, however this one tip works wonders for me. Especially with keeping a less oily scalp.

Once I towel dry my hair, I immediately apply the oil serum. I swear by this product it works wonders and I feel Dove should supply it by the bucket load. I have started carrying it with me in my purse just in case I feel my hair has frizzed out due to humidity (remember Monica's hair from Friends where they went on a holiday..yup! exactly like that). This serum is MAGIC!

I only comb my hair once it has completely dried and i start with the ends working my way upwards.

I have tried different versions of this regimen, e.g. not using the conditioner and only the serum after shampoo, applying different amounts, keeping the conditioner for longer time etc. The above method has worked BEST.

What else do I do?
Once a week I do oil my hair. After my hair has naturally dried, I take a little lotus oil and apply it to the ends of my hair. Now when i do this I do not apply the Dove Serum.

Once a week I also apply the Dove Nourishing Oil Care Hair mask. When i do this I do not apply any conditioner. Since it is a deep conditioning product.
I drink 3-4 liters of water.

I wash my hair 4-5 times a week. Now I feel I need to do that because of the amount of dirt my hair attracts since it is oily.



All this might seem a lot for some people, but it has given me some prespective. It has given me an opportunity to feel taken care of, Lush and very proud of my almost perfect hair. Now ofcourse there is still hairfall, however it has reduced drastically. I find myself now not only taking care of my hair but also my skin, health and my mind. Only to ensure that I always feel this loved and cared for. Somehow that best time spent is when im taking care of myself and a happy me has more to give the people I love. So do i think you should get the Dove Nourishing Oil Care Range? Yes! The range comes with a Shampoo, conditioner , hair mask and hair serum and i think the entire product range is within 800rupees. And for 800rupees it has the ability to make you feel a million bucks.

Now the only problem I face is, that I find myself running my fingers though my hair all the time.

Post wash

23 comments:

  1. I have used Dove Shampoo and Conditioner for a year now..I dunno the name but the one for dry hair......and initially it felt real good but I felt over the long run my hair got dryer...

    Although i never did really put oil in my hair too often..nor any other hair treatment.....so now changed to Loreal Liss Uptime...Lets see how this works for my hair :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Charlene Hey baby girl, Build up is something i was worried about as well, however so far so good. Clean hair and not limp so thats gr8. I think any shampoo especially one that you use regularly should not be used for more than 4 months. Based on how you hair reacts to seasonal change thts how i choose my shampoo. also if i want the hair color to pop i use redkin and if i want to straighten it i use bonacure one and for everyday nourishing use i now use dove. and change my regular shampoo every 4 months...i might just choose another dove shampoo tht will suite my hair at that time. let me know how L'Oreal works for you.

      Delete
  2. @Charlene Hey baby girl, Build up is something i was worried about as well, however so far so good. Clean hair and not limp so thats gr8. I think any shampoo especially one that you use regularly should not be used for more than 4 months. Based on how you hair reacts to seasonal change thts how i choose my shampoo. also if i want the hair color to pop i use redkin and if i want to straighten it i use bonacure one and for everyday nourishing use i now use dove. and change my regular shampoo every 4 months...i might just choose another dove shampoo tht will suite my hair at that time. let me know how L'Oreal works for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your hair is lucky to have a person like you to take care of it... Lovely post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanx Farila. Loved the way you said that. Glad you enjoyed it...

      Delete
  4. Thanx Farila. Loved the way you said that. Glad you enjoyed it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely post....
    this is my post link on indiblogger- http://www.indiblogger.in/indipost.php?post=87759 . please click the link and view my post to promote it and return back to the link and click on promote the post..
    hope that u will promote my post....
    All the best...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Dashami Glad you liked the post. I have promoted yours too...

      Delete
  6. well mentored hair and post too. done full justice to the post.
    best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pramod thank you so much for the kind words...

      Delete
  7. you posted it beautifully... What a review, people should try Dove as you said.. and serum is the magic.. :-) All the best..

    Someone is Special

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Someone is Special Thank you for your special insight...i do hope ppl try Dove. Don't know if it will work for everyone, but its defintely worth a try. Goodluck...

      Delete
  8. @Dashami Glad you liked the post. I have promoted yours too...

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Pramod thank you so much for the kind words...

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Someone is Special Thank you for your special insight...i do hope ppl try Dove. Don't know if it will work for everyone, but its defintely worth a try. Goodluck...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good post..Dove should use it..I loved the end "Now the only problem I face is, that I find myself running my fingers though my hair all the time."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @bemoneyaware Thank you...:-) of all the tragidies this one is my favorite....;-)
      Do Join my blog if you..

      Delete
  12. @bemoneyaware Thank you...:-) of all the tragidies this one is my favorite....;-)
    Do Join my blog if you..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well written post :) Very nice article..
    all d best wishes. :)
    http://www.indiblogger.in/indipost.php?post=88938

    Hope u like and promote my post "The Girl i loved"
    Check out once..im sure ul like my post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @Sampath Thank u :-) I have promoted your post as well... Goodluck

      Delete
  14. @Sampath Thank u :-) I have promoted your post as well... Goodluck

    ReplyDelete